Reed possesses a tall, thin, frame while his build is athletic, lean and well proportioned. His legs are extra-long, lean and strong while his arms are extra-long and thin. He has broad shoulders, a long torso, a flat chest and a thin waist. His flexibility is live, very loose and agile. Still has room for added development.
Overall Future Potential (56)
- Approach: Good (60)
- Stance –
- Left Side: Upright. Tall. Feet are even and wide apart. Hands are very quiet and held shoulder level. Bat is held high, flat and rests on shoulder. Low elbow.
- Right Side: Upright with slight bend. Feet are even and slightly wider apart. Hands are held higher and farther away from his body. Bat is held high, vertical and waged. High elbow.
- Load –
- Left Side: Hands move slightly upward and back. Lifts foot up but keeps it on the ground. Stays centered.
- Right Side: Rocks back. Hands move back.
- Stride –
- Left Side: Short. Foot stays near ground. Efficient.
- Right Side: Short. Foot stays near ground. Efficient.
- Swing: Solid speed (50) Nice strength (45) Level. Stays through zone.
- Left Side: Nice balance (45) Solid rhythm (50) Lifts front foot up but keeps it on the ground.
- Right Side: Strong balance (55) Solid rhythm (50)
- Instincts: Solid base runner (50) Good zone awareness (60)
- Arm: Fair strength (40) Solid accuracy (50) Short-arm action
- Hands/Fielding: Solid (50) Sure. Reliable.
- Jumps/Reads: Solid routes (50) Strong jumps (55) Great closing speed (65)
- Body Control: Good agility (60) Good quickness (60) Controlled dive/slide.
- Style: Long. Graceful. Glides. Aggressive. Better 1st to 3rd.
- Times: Great speed (65) Solid base running (50)
|H to 1B (LH)||4.06 seconds|
|H to 1B (RH)||4.15 seconds|
|1B to 2B (SB)||3.72 seconds|
Defensively, Reed can go get them with the best. His strong jumps and great closing speed help him cover a tremendous amount of ground in center. He constantly gets his body in the right position when diving. On the offensive side, Reed already possesses decent hitting ability. He has solid bat control, consistently makes contact and has good strike zone awareness.
Defensively, despite above average arm strength, Reed possesses short arm action for a typical big league outfielder. Offensively, his current in-game power is weak. His load from the left side of the plate is tailored to a slap hitter approach. However, his approach from the right side is more conducive to power.
“Young, switch-hitting center fielder who is extremely gifted. Raw, very athletic and has great speed. Possesses solid range in the outfield and is a decent hitter with the potential to develop into an above average hitter. Quality everyday type, major contributor.”