Wrenn possesses a tall, thin, frame. His body has an athletic, lean, build and is well proportioned. His legs are lean and strong, while his arms are long and thin. He has regular shoulders, a flat chest and a thin waist. His flexibility is live, loose and agile. Strength gains remain, providing him with good growth potential.
Overall Future Potential (54)
- Approach: Great (65)
- Stance – Upright with slight bend. Feet are wide and slightly open. Holds hands shoulder level. Bat is flat and waged. Elbow down. Quiet hands.
- Load – Rocks back. Hands start shoulder level and move back. Efficient.
- Stride – Short, easy, to close. Foot stays near ground.
- Swing: Good speed (60) Strong strength (55) Slight uppercut. Compact.
- Timing: Solid (50) Good balance (60) Good rhythm (60) Quick through the zone.
- Instincts: Strong base runner (55) Strong reads (55) Nice zone awareness (45)
- Arm: Fair strength (40) Solid accuracy (50) Proper action. Quick release. Playable.
- Hands/Fielding: Solid (50) Good closing speed (60) Sure. Smooth. Reliable.
- Jumps/Reads: Good (60) Strong route accuracy (55) Solid first step (50)
- Body Control: Strong agility (55) Maintains control when diving/sliding.
- Style: Graceful. Glides. Smooth. Aggressive on bases.
- Times: Oustanding speed (70) Strong base running (55)
|H to 1B||4.09 seconds|
|H to 1B (Bunt)||3.72 seconds|
|2B to H||6.56 seconds|
|Stolen Base (2nd)||3.64 seconds|
Wrenn possesses well-above average speed. Offensively, his speed shows up in the batter’s box by bunting for hits and stealing bases. He has a quick, compact, swing with solid bat control and nice strike zone awareness. Defensively, his speed and good reads in the outfield already provide him with slightly above average range. He plays center field with ease and is a sure handed fielder.
On the offensive side of the game, he currently possesses well-below average power for a major league outfielder. However, I believe growth, his quick hands and strong forearms will help him develop fair power. His only weakness defensively is his below average arm strength. A change in arm action might help as he currently short arms the ball.
“Young, athletic, live-bodied, center fielder. Speedy outfielder with a short, compact, swing. Aggressive on the bases, in the field and has good bat control. Major League regular. Solid contributor.”